Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My academic days

I knew this University on the Television advertisement. Four guys talked about the free expression, be like you are, the teachers don’t obligate to do anything you don’t want, and we are going to work for a better country. This speech called my attention: an institution very solid, which foments your thought, the critical thinking and respect of diversity. However, I found a defect: it is a Catholic University. I went during my entire primary and secondary at a nun school, as a result I was totally disappointed about the ideas that spread the Church. But finally, I decided to make balance and I searched a lot before to belong at this University. Besides, education in Chile is not good enough I realized Alberto Hurtado in many ranking was in the top of many aspect like education, teacher, library, to mention but a few.

I wanted to be a layer and the first day that I visited the University, it was to matriculate in Law. The time was passing and I figured out how I forgot my dream of whole life: to be a teacher. I remember how admired at my Spanish Teacher at school. She was very strict. But I never will forget her advices, values and the most important things she taught us how to be a better person. I really like to be like her. Nevertheless, I love English and I was completely sure that I can change the education with a point in the sand. I’ve always hated mediocrity and our idiosyncrasy has it like a main characteristic. I really hope my students don’t be lazy and at lest, I will try to incorporate them the hard work.

My favorite subject in this career was written expression, is very similar at Spanish at school but more academic. I really like it; overall we must read good books, take attention in redaction, punctuation, and all that kind of things.

My experience in the University could be more positive. Actually I had the idea I will found people interesting in the knowledge, cult, with a mature point of view about many aspects, and good readers. On the other hand, I met people with another interesting in the life many of them are still teenager in the way of see the life. But it is OK. It is part of diversity. Moreover, the teachers in UAH are pretty good. They have many studies, even PH.D that gives a plus at the institution and confirm that my decision wasn’t wrong.

1 comment:

  1. a lawyer and then a teacher?? I'm pretty sure you could be both... why don't you givbe it a try?
    that would be awesome: an "English teacher of Laws" hahaha...

    regards!

    ReplyDelete